The availability of the different types of continence product varies widely from country to country (and can vary between areas within the same country).
Some manufacturers or suppliers only supply to a limited range of countries. So, some brands or makes of products may not be available where you are, but a similar product made by another manufacturer may be available. In some cases, identical products have different names in different countries.
Some large retail chains sell products under their own name that are made by a manufacturer who also sells similar products under their own brand name.
Some product types are not available at all in some countries or may be very difficult to find. It can be frustrating when you are unable to obtain products but are aware they are available elsewhere.
Even if you cannot get some products locally, we hope that this website will help you to discover what products can help you manage your bladder or bowel problems.
You can get products from:
- Supermarkets, pharmacies or drugstores
- Mail order from suppliers
- Consumer organisations, charities and disability living services – these often have telephone advice lines where you can get advice before purchasing.
- The internet is a fantastic resource for obtaining products. Internet suppliers and delivery services are improving all around the world.
Getting more information about products
- Contact manufacturers through their customer help lines or websites to find out how to get their products where you live.
- Check out independent reviews about the products you are interested in.
- Request samples and written information so you can try products first before committing to buying them.
- Ask your local health care professionals, pharmacists, patient and consumer organisations or disability living services.
- Look for local continence organisations for advice about product availability information in your country.